Cad Rocket

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cad Rocket

Post by 9balldotcom »

It is with great regret and sadness that Ive been asked to pass on the news that Cad Rocket(Rod) as we know him passed away on the 21/02 this year of a stroke.
Rod was always a regular to my tourneys,the guy never upset no one ever in the lobby always played a good game.
We hadnt seen Rod for a little while and Invulnerablejack passed on the sad news to us from Rods wife.

I would like to take the opportunity to send my wishes to his wife and family,he was one of ours a VP3 lover and will be missed by all of us.
Last edited by 9balldotcom on Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buddha
Wannabe
Wannabe

Re: Cad Rocket

Post by Buddha »

Very sad news indeed, I was always happy to see Rod and indeed play him.
He had many friends in VP land and will be missed by all. Farewell Rod :(

Brian
Last edited by Buddha on Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Post by polomint77 »

I never knew him as much as many others, but had the good fortune to play him quite a few times. Always polite and good natured. Good luck in the after...
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.
Shaz{uk}
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Shaz{uk} »

I'm so sorry to hear that news, he was always a very polite guy when he played in my tourneys, our condolensces go to his family at this sad time.
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

One of a few who could just sit there in your room and watch you for an hour and appreciate the good play... Sad news!
:manure:
the real cuemaster
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by the real cuemaster »

just found out about this now very sad news played cad many a time such a shame condolences to his family
djvivid
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by djvivid »

Very sad news of a nice guy leaving us way too early.

Peace to you rod! been a pleasure playing with you.

Respect to his friends and family
shotcaller
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by shotcaller »

SORRY TO HEAR THE SAD NEWS ' CAD WAS ONE OF MANY VP3 PLAYERS THAT I HAVE RESPECT FOR. HE ALLWAYS PLAYED A GOOD GAME ' AND ALWAYS BEEN FUN TO CHAT WITH WHILE PLAYING 'I KNOW HE WILL BE MISSED BY MYSELF AN MANY OTHERS HERE AT GAME-SPY . IM SENDING MY CONDOLENSCES TO HIS WIFE AN FAMILY..HOPE TO MEET YOU SOME DAY ON THE OTHER SIDE ROD....
Shulgin
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Shulgin »

He was a friend , i'll miss him

It was always a pleasure hanging out and playing with him
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Post by AlinVille »

Sad news indeed.
sharkey9
VWSC 2007

Post by sharkey9 »

Farewell Rod
I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean
ShafTraX
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by ShafTraX »

i didnt believe it at first - i thought naming a room called IN MEMORIE OF CAD_ROCKET - then they said that - it was true.. then they ask me to go to the forums - and now its true - very sad - - condolence to the family of cad_rocket... vv sad....
You must Defeat Sheng-Long to stand a Chance !!!
Sophisticated Beggar
hall Owner
hall Owner

Post by Sophisticated Beggar »

He loved playing and watching others play billiards and was willing to play in any tournament that was on.

I can't remember him having a bad word to say about anyone, nor anyone say a bad word about him.

A good sport with a great attitude - a credit to the game.

It would be good if someone that knew him or has an address to contact his family and direct them to this forum page, so that they can read these messages.

Also, a message on http://vp3.sportplanet.gamespy.com/ would be respectful.
Freeball

Post by Freeball »

Extremely sad news and i would like to pass on my condolences. As many have already said a very polite person with a gr8 attitude towards the game and its players...

Farewell rod you will be missed by all.

Freeball (Ron)
liberty618
Wannabe
Wannabe

Rod.

Post by liberty618 »

My friend. Tears won't stop as I try to express my friendship to someone I never shook hands with. I know how much he loved any game involving a cue stick. It pales in comparison to the love I know he had for his wife and family. My thoughts and prayers are with her and the family.
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

I'm really sad to hear this.

I remember when he ad hoc joined the US team for the Virtual Mosconi Cup a few years ago.
He always played honest and in good spirit for his country, whether we had a chance to win or not.
He will be missed.

Farewell!
Wannabe

Post by ComboSchtap »

It is interesting, how I never even wrote a post in this forum and this is the first time I do it. This is for Rod.

I have been playing online VP3 like an addict for long time in the past but then I started travelling and I could not continue playing it anymore like I used to.

That's why today, while playing a game, when someone told me about CadRocket, I did not remember immediately who he was. But then when I read the name "Rod", I immediately started to remember everything.

I am not really sure about that, but I remember other users in the lobby wishing happy birthday to someone celebrating his 60th birthday a few years back. I guess that was Rod. He used to make fun of fimself that he is the oldest player in here. :) I remember that.

I also remember when I was a rookie and for the first time got to online VP3, I remember playing against him. He was actually one of the first players if not even the first one I played online with!!! Indeed, he was a nice guy to talk to. At the beginning I could even not believe he was over 60 years old. :)

After time, when I started playing regularly I met him many times in our virtual world and of course played with him. He gained my total respect as a person, judging by how he expressed himself when chatting.

I am so sad now to hear that he is gone and I would also like to express my most sincere condolences to his family.

This sad event it makes me realize that sometimes we forget that on the other side there is a living being playing with you and that actually even if we almost never actually meet in person, we are becoming friends.

Rod, I am sad I could not meet you in real life, but I am proud to have met you in this virtual world.

I hope we meet in the next "virtual world".
TheLuckyCue
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by TheLuckyCue »

Godbless the Family of Cad.
...love is all you need...
VP4 Blog
http://vponline.celeris.com/blog/
mojoicus
Banger
Banger

Post by mojoicus »

My condolences i dont think i need say more

mojo
mal_clarke
V10BWC 2010

Post by mal_clarke »

I'm glad the family passed on to these forums that he has gone so we can all say how popular he was in the lobby. I hope his family read this and take some peace from it.

I played him in the WC's and he was a credit to vp3 win or lose.

I'm sorry I won't get to play him again. Nice guy.
My new Virtual Pool blog:

http://virtualpool4.blogspot.com