Vista versus Gamespy. Help! Please!

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

BlackJagged
Bouncer
Bouncer

Vista versus Gamespy. Help! Please!

Post by BlackJagged »

Im going nuts.

I got me a new machine two days ago, and naturally it has Vista. After wrestling Vista for about 30 hours, I got it down in most regards, but one thing seems impossible: Having GS work with Vista. (Gamespy is a piece of stinking crap as we all know...but that they have not managed to fix the problems with Vista after a darn year that is just....no words). I just cant enter the Main Lobby. Researching it I found one bizzarre workaround, and it even works as far as its getting me into the lobby....but that seems to be a very exclusive lobby cause there is never onyone else but me in it.

I cant imagine Im the only one on Vista here----did any of you solve this problem? Any advice? Please? I WANT TO PLAY SNOOKER!!!
BlackJagged
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by BlackJagged »

Erm........should I be happy that it finally worked, or should I be embarrassed that I didnt use the search function here before posting that desperate post? Whatever: thanks Hugh for the simple fix you posted months ago.

Whatever...got to play some now!
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Did you just use the first option I gave you?? If you did thats the way to join the lobby till gsa gets updated.

However I have since installed the Beta version of the service pack one for vista and that solves the problem completely as you can now join gamespy exactly the same as you did in the past.
BlackJagged
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by BlackJagged »

9balldotcom wrote:Did you just use the first option I gave you??

Yeah...and as long as that works I wont take the risk to install the Vista Service Pack beta yet---I had too much trouble the last days. For a while I just want to enjoy a stable, working system. ;)