VP3DL New Version Beta

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

Freeball

Post by Freeball »

vpeer wrote:Freeball,

I can't reproduce or see how this can happen. Are you able to reproduce?

Please provide the following:
Play Mode: Quick, Career, Tournament, LAN, or Online
Opponents: 2 Human, or Human and Computer
Online - tournament
2 human
Games setting
Straight pool (25)
Hard times
champ settings
race to 3

Like i said it was 1 -1 i potted the 25th ball to go 2-1 the game reset to start 4th games but the score did not reset. i called ball into middle pocket it went in and the game gave me win for 4th game ie went 3 - 1 even though i only potted 1 ball outta 25.

Freeball
djvivid
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by djvivid »

That match was with me. I was using 3239 Version.

I can verify Ron got the details right in the last post.
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

Here is something that I believe happened once in a while in older versions too. Very rarely though, and when it happened before I thought that someone was messing around with the game.

This is what happened today: In a 9 ball challenge room, 4 people in it, my opponent scratched. I had ball in hand. When I pressed the M button to move the ball, it suddenly seemed to get a life of its own and moved around the table with my cue attached to it.
Very weird. I released all buttons and after a few seconds it stopped and I could continue playing.
I'm on the newest patch, my opponent (and host of the room) is on 3239. I know there was no foul play as he happens to be my husband :spin:
He saw the same thing going on, just that he believes that it also very fast changed turns. I only noticed the ball moving around by itself.

I played with this latest patch for about 10 hours total online. 3 hours billiards (normal room), 2 hours straight pool (normal room), 5 hours 9 ball challenge. This was the only issue I experienced and the only time it occurred.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Whilst addressing the issues of the change turn bug etc and others we have had in 3311,would this not be a good time to look at the pass turn bug thats still in snooker.....the one that was supposed to have been rectified in a previous patch>??

A player makes a break of say 40....misses or fouls and an opponent passes the turn back to him/her....the player can continue their break from 40 as the points of the previous visit do not reset to zero?
Many snooker players of VP3 will confirm this bug.Its certainly an easy bug to reproduce online.
Ps One final issue why not bring back call a draw option in snooker ONLY. So that if theres a stalemate at the beginning of a frame at least if both players agree they can use call a draw to rerack the balls.Surely if you implemented the CALL A DRAW option in snooker you can make sure that it does not affect both players rating in anyway by using it.?
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Post by AlinVille »

No news? Is it dead then?
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

I tried to fix the Freeball's SP bug. Don't know if it is fixed as I can't reproduce.

I also attempted to fix the Snooker break not resetting on turn change.

Did not attempt to fix the problem sent by zwylle. I'm more likely to mess something up than fix something.

I also did not put in a draw option for Snooker.

I have been very busy, sorry about the delay. I want to get this release out.
Please check out the updated version and let me know if it is ok.
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Post by AlinVille »

I myself couldn't find any other bugs besides the ones already mentioned.

The beta patch has been in this stage for quite a while now and I doubt people are still testing it.

So in my opinion, it's time to make it official.
Stub
V9BWC 2009

stub

Post by Stub »

u ppl should b able 2 make cloth any color like vp2 ask around ull c n u should design a few more tables n u can ask around about that 2 n ull f c k
n the way the balls sound wen they drop sound better in vp2 2 k