VP3DL New Version Beta

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

The above bug is the same for me.In a challenge room and not in a normal room so far.
It just switches very quickly from one player to opposing player rendering play impossible so you have to quit.
One thing i think needs looking at is the fact it might only happen with 3 or more players possibly 4 players in the room...less than that it might not happen unless someone else can confirm this.

Is it possible that the mixture of 3239 and 3311 could be the problem in challenge rooms?
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Post by AlinVille »

It just happened to me again. Now I can confirm my opponents were on 3239, I asked, I was the only one with the beta patch in there. It was just me and 2 other players in the challenge room. Must be a compatibility issue, although it only seems to happen in challenge rooms, just when you're about to break, after a player loses. So far I played 4 matches on 3311 (in a tournament, normal rooms) and haven't had a single problem. And my opponents were probably all on 3239.
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

I don't think screenshot is that important during training so I will leave as is.

An attempt has been made to correct the full screen brightness bug. It works fine here but not sure it is really fixed.

Tracking and ghost ball in easy mode can't be turned off. The tracking is only for the Garage but ghost ball stays for the complete career.

I can't reproduce the alt tab problems with graphics.

I can't reproduce the movie controls being half visible.

The music turning on after the career movie playing has been fixed.

I can't find any problem with the jump shot being different. I think what you are seeing is the difference in velocity allowed in trick/setup shot versus game play. In trick/setup shot the max velocity is the same as the max break velocity. In normal game play the max velocity is lower for all shots except the break. This is necessary to prevent people just smashing balls which is easy to do and of course a fau paux in online play. The play velocity is like what a good player typically shoot for a high speed shot during play.

The turn changing does have to do with tracking and online. Can you give me any other information about the circumstances? Did somebody try to turn on training, tracking or ghost ball? I don't know why mixing 3239 and 3311 would cause this problem. Can you try to reproduce with both players on 3311.
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

vpeer wrote: I can't reproduce the alt tab problems with graphics.
I can't reproduce the movie controls being half visible.
I can't reproduce that either right now. Weird.
I'll keep checking, maybe I did something in a specific order.
vpeer wrote: I can't find any problem with the jump shot being different. I think what you are seeing is the difference in velocity allowed in trick/setup shot versus game play. In trick/setup shot the max velocity is the same as the max break velocity. In normal game play the max velocity is lower for all shots except the break. This is necessary to prevent people just smashing balls which is easy to do and of course a fau paux in online play. The play velocity is like what a good player typically shoot for a high speed shot during play.
That makes sense. The only problem: With this difference the 'setup shot' is pretty much useless for practicing standard routines or setup of certain game situations.
Would there be a way to have the player choose between break velocity and standard velocity? Probably not easy to do.. I can ask.. can I? ;-)

Post by Freeball »

Whilst playing in a 15 ball tournament the games won was not being recorded. i won 5 - 0 but game still said 0 - 0. I tried this in practice also and the same problem occurs.

In new version.

Freeball
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

in 15 ball it will record the ponts in each rack but most certainly not record the actual rack itself overall match score Stays at 0-0

One match had 3239 and a 3311 playing one another so I tested it myself on 3311 against another 3311 opponent.......same problem no rack scores being kept although points tally is .

EDIT.......tested by getting a 3239 player to set a room for two 3311 players still same bug will not record rack match total.

EDIT 2 if a 3311 player plays against a 3239 player and the 3239 player wins a rack it will register his rack.
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

Has anyone tried to uninstall Gamespy, wipe it off the disk, re-install it and see if that has any impact?
Or should that not matter?
VIP

Post by vpeer »

The problem with 15 ball scoring is fixed.

If you want to see velocity in setup/trick shot mode press CTRL-ALT-S and you will get an output that shows both ball radius per second (BRPS) and MPH. The in game limit is 270 BRPS. There is also other information about the cue. Not sure if this is even documented but it is a handy output.

Still need more info from you guys on the Change Turn problem.
Freeball

Post by Freeball »

Each time you fix something i take it we have to re-download.
I just wanted to ceck as version number not changing plus the fixes are not being updated on website.

Freeball
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Post by AlinVille »

vpeer wrote:The turn changing does have to do with tracking and online. Can you give me any other information about the circumstances?
I'm only certain that the last time it happened the 2 players I was in the room with were both on 3239. I was the only one using the beta patch in that room. This Passed Turn issue only happens at the end of a rack, when the player is about to break. And what I know for sure is that it happened to some other players aswell (Hugh and Skybitter so far). Not much info except that..
vpeer wrote:Did somebody try to turn on training, tracking or ghost ball?
No, that couldn't have happened. It would have been impossible for the other players to turn on training because they were on 3239, and concerning tracking/ghostball I doubt anyone would try something like that. It doesn't work, right? Also, the 2 guys I was playing with are regular vp3 players, I'm sure they wouldn't somehow mess around with that.
vpeer wrote:I don't know why mixing 3239 and 3311 would cause this problem. Can you try to reproduce with both players on 3311.
I'll let you know if it happens again.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

This time me and Alinville were in a challenge room which was set by a 3239 player,after all other players left room we had the switching bug at the end of the rack,meaning we could play no further.

I set a 3 ball challenge room and both of us played that and had same bug after about 5 racks.
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Post by AlinVille »

9balldotcom wrote:I set a 3 ball challenge room and both of us played that and had same bug after about 5 racks.
Yes I can confirm that. This means it also happens when both players are on 3311. And only in challenge rooms from what I've noticed so far. So there is more to it than just a compatibility issue, there must be something wrong with the 3311 version surely..
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

Yes, you have to redownload an uninstall/reinstall every time. I don't want to do a patch at this point as the final must be a replacement.

Thanks for additional information on the change turn bug.
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

I think all problems are fixed. There was definitely an issue that could have caused the change turn problem.

As before, uninstall the previous 3311 before installing this one.
Freeball

Post by Freeball »

Possible bug in straight ball. I was 1-0 up and won the second game but my score did not change back to zero so when i potted on break after calling shot it gave me game 3.

Freeball
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Post by AlinVille »

vpeer wrote:An attempt has been made to correct the full screen brightness bug. It works fine here but not sure it is really fixed.
Nice, that's not an issue anymore. I can confirm it's been fixed.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Just tested the brightness settings on various video modes and all seems to be ok,when you alt tab settings dont reset as before
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

Playing offline I couldn't re-create any of the earlier reported bugs. Hope they are fixed now and not intermittent :D

Post by AlinVille »

I played 3311 online these days, the passed turn issue seems to be fixed now.

I just tried loading .vpg and .vpp files. That doesn't work for me. When I execute them it basically acts like a setup.exe and starts to reinstall 3311 for some reason.
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

Freeball, do you mean straight pool? You called a ball out of the rack on the break?

Is anybody else having a problem where the installer starts when double clicking saved games? I can't reproduce this it works fine on my system.
AlinVille, what version of Windows are you using?
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Post by AlinVille »

XP Media Center 2002, SP2

I made a short vid: http://www.divshare.com/download/3853574-5e9

Edit: The vpg/vpp files seem to load fine if I let it reinstall. But if I install 3311 from scratch again after that (using vp3_3311.exe), I still have to do the same thing in order to be able to load the saved games.

I don't think this is a very important issue, loading files while in game works fine, just not directly from Windows. But it is a bug I guess, at least for me.
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

vpeer wrote: Is anybody else having a problem where the installer starts when double clicking saved games? I can't reproduce this it works fine on my system.
I'm using the same Windows version (Media Center with Service Pack 2) and loading the files, both vpp and vpg, works fine for me.

Post by Freeball »

vpeer wrote:Freeball, do you mean straight pool? You called a ball out of the rack on the break?

Is anybody else having a problem where the installer starts when double clicking saved games? I can't reproduce this it works fine on my system.
No i potted the 25th ball to win game and go 2-1 up the game reset to start next game but my score did not reset to zero so when i called the next ball off the break which went in it gave me another win to go 3-1.

Freeball
Freeball

Post by Freeball »

Freeball wrote:
vpeer wrote:Freeball, do you mean straight pool? You called a ball out of the rack on the break?

No i potted the 25th ball to win game and go 2-1 up the game reset to start next game but my score did not reset to zero so when i called the next ball off the break which went in it gave me another win to go 3-1.

Freeball
Yes it was straight pool.
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

Freeball,

I can't reproduce or see how this can happen. Are you able to reproduce?

Please provide the following:
Play Mode: Quick, Career, Tournament, LAN, or Online
Opponents: 2 Human, or Human and Computer