Cant Beat it .Made that way

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

conniegeo1
Wannabe
Wannabe

Cant Beat it .Made that way

Post by conniegeo1 »

When you build a game Do you build it to help someone to improve their game or to emphasize the negative and everytime you get a chance you beat that person down ??? Now lets see ? You make it with a No way out Mentality so lets see ? Where does this lead ? HMMMMMM. Celeris Use to build a good Game with an emphesis on helping you improve your game . Your New Game uses a No way out Mentality which leads to a No win ending . Ask Yourself what does this do for People ? Answer. NO GOOD .I am very Dissapointed In this game . My Friends Consider me to be an Accomplished Player. You game is a Dissapointment to say the least . Geo :dark1: :gagme:
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Post by AlinVille »

lol
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Conniego do you justify your comments on the fact that you have not played a good player online yet?
Are you merely an offline player who plays offline against the computer players?

The reason Im asking that is that any good players knows the limitations of this game particularly as an offline version and particulalry when your playing a flawed computer player.

I have played this game since launch and all previous versions and i can assure you the best element in this game and the best way to improve your game is to play some good online players>

Have you been to the VP3 online game lobby yet?

You are in no position to judge this game until youve proved yourself a player and the onoly way youll do that is to get in the mix with the rest of us.
Everyones entitled to their opinion,but if youve only skimmed the surface and not played with us online then i dont think you can pass derogatory judgements like you have.

Previous versions had game tips and videos,etc,this version doesnt for reasons that are too long drawn out to explain right now.
I assure you you wil learn a lot more about the game when you meet up with some of the guys that regularly play online.
This game only comes to life when you play proper opponents who may have a better game than yourself or might be a lesser players than youself.....your then in a position to judge the game when you see how much better it is played aginst human opponents.
AI opponets suck in most games and in VP3,yes youll see silly impossible shots and yes they are infuriating....leave all that behind and come and join us.
PS Who are these friends you talk of? If you say they tell you your an accomplished player....is that IRL or is it a VP3 player.
Come and prove yourself in the VP3 lobby....then Im sure youll be judged in there by i assure you,some excellent online players.
conniegeo1
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by conniegeo1 »

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, And Playing Online ,Some have cheats enabled ,some have Toggling enabled ,Computors are made to cheat and those who know how to use this to their advantage can and will .

Those who perform in real life and achieve great strides are the real Pros
This online thing is only a past time . I may join your online BOYS . Some of your games are not BCA registered games Ive never heard of them . THe real Problem about taking the human element out of your games (Videos)is just that Curly Just does'nt cut it in todays world, Gangsters do not rule anymore . The old game had real Pros ,showing real moves ,human interaction . Computors are only a tool . The Real Pros are Live . Geo :pottytrain5:
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

So to sum your response up......your not into mixing it with some good online players?

None of us have even seen you in the lobby,but from how your responding,it sure doesnt look like youll be able to test your game and find out how good you think you are by playing some good players.

Surely the Pool games in VP3 cant be that strange you dont understand them...the rules are available online for you.

Besides had you played online a lot sooner youd have been familiar with rules as thats one thing we can help each other on when we play the games.

Ill sum up VP3 for you

This is the best among all pc billiard simulation games youll ever play...you wont find a better one...yes it has its flaws,but Ill jump to the defence of the this game above all others.
I think you'll find a lot more positives than negatives from the game...if you look hard enough and if your knowledge is of a level that you can appreciate the skills that you can perform in vp3,although simulated can be brought to the real table too.
Albinario
V8BWC 2006 VCWC 2007 VWSC 2008/2010

Post by Albinario »

just go download some instructional videos if that's what you think is missing. it's not something that needs to be in the game.
conniegeo1
Wannabe
Wannabe

Had you even seen the old edition

Post by conniegeo1 »

Had you even seen the old edition you would'nt say that .So i really doubt you have to download some kind of instruction . If you had it you would understand where im coming from . Someone needs to step up to the plate and call a spade a spade wether its popular or not . They need feed back but problably wont get it from some . If they know the product is not as good ,they may improve it . But if someone was selling crap yes some would buy it and say nothing . Thats called being politically correct . In my day when something wasnt good we didnt buy it ,now we just buy and throw away . or sell it to someone else .Theres good parts and bad parts
The old games used to be on Ebay but havent seen them lately . Geo
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

This game has survived for 7 years so far,so I spose one unsatisfied customer,Celeris can cope with.

Personally speaking the videos in prevous versions of VP series were certianly instructional and no doubt informative.
Whether that's one reason to not like VP3,I think not.

Due to changes in the franchise and publishing of VP3DL we dont have a REAL pool player in the game now,we have an actor.
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

And besides, the guys who took some time to explain kindly to you have all bought the vp series for ten years now. You want a screen of my cd so you can be sure...?
:manure:
snope
Hustler
Hustler

Post by snope »

It seems to me the game here is not about vp3,but more about conniegeo1 deriving some kind of pleasure out of getting people on the defensive....he obviously doesn't know the game of vp3 ....some people have nothing better to do then to try to stir the manure ...enough of my time spent on this person
in the final analysis love is the answer
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

When i first started playing VP3,just after I bought it, I was immediately online in the gamespy lobby and paid no attention to any in game videos or played any AI players.

Therfor as a consequence of that and the fact that id played all previous versions I didnt develop this opinion of the game like this poor chaps got.

Had he got himself online sooner and realised he could better his game quicker by playing online he would not have formed this opinion Im quite sure of that

This game is a multiplayer game online in challenge rooms,which he doesnt know about.Its also a challenge when you play against other people in tournaments and try and improve your game that way.
But as an offline game it pales into insignificance playing AI as most multiplayer games always do.

Sadly I have to come to the conclusion that as for a lot of players his opinion has been drawn partially from frustration,in the fact that he cant get the game to work online in gamespy as you might have seen in another post, meaning hes had to make do with playing silly AI matches.
conniegeo1
Wannabe
Wannabe

Must have misunderstood

Post by conniegeo1 »

I thaught this was a supportive group to help people get aquainted with the how to's of the game and not a Club of Little children who pick whom theyu allow in . And yes i tried to get in a Lobby and saw you all in there and Not one person said welcome Geo . And yes the game Sucks and is not as it use to be . Yes This is the trend today ME ME ME or i have that wrong US US US .Maybe ide better get in touch with someone who is in charge much like i had to do before . Geo
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

ok
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

GEO
Ive never seen you in the lobby.....hey tho next time you do at least introduce yourself.

You will be more than welcome.

And can you suggest any other game better than this one? NO
Sophisticated Beggar
hall Owner
hall Owner

Post by Sophisticated Beggar »

First impressions and all that.... ?
The VP3 lobby has always been unusually welcoming for a game chat room.

I hope to come back soon, when I get the time...

I think the video tutorials in previous versions where very basic.

If you ask nicely Geo, I'm sure that some VP3 players would take you through some shots.
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

Sophisticated Beggar wrote:First impressions and all that.... ?
Welcoming You must be talking about a different place than I remember. It's a shame how new players are treated there for the most part. There are a lot of complaints.

Concerning the original question:
At the beginning the game seems impossible to beat.
It is possible though, without any cheats. It just takes getting used to the controls and a lot of practice. Some people can improve their game play with different screen or mouse settings.

Apart from that: Being 'good' at something is relative.
After I played pool for about 10 years and considered myself being a top player, I moved to another city.
In my old town we didn't have a pool club, but the new town had.
I decided to have a look and went there for an afternoon training session.
After about 30 minutes I found out that my game was way beyond average and every 12 year old there could beat me.
After all I wasn't that good.[/i]
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

Dammit, I can't believe that. I can't count the number of times I or others helped someone in the lobby to get his/her game going (router or firewall?, what color is your cd, remember that?). People who didn't even thanked you afterwards. People who said hello, then called you a moron or another bird's name... I've seen it all... I guess I became a bit touchy when that is being questioned...
Sophisticated Beggar
hall Owner
hall Owner

Post by Sophisticated Beggar »

zwylle wrote:
Sophisticated Beggar wrote:First impressions and all that.... ?
Welcoming You must be talking about a different place than I remember. It's a shame how new players are treated there for the most part. There are a lot of complaints.
Welcoming and helpful.

www.zwylle.com for example
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Post by polomint77 »

NamfatTitan wrote:Dammit, I can't believe that. I can't count the number of times I or others helped someone in the lobby to get his/her game going (router or firewall?, what color is your cd, remember that?). People who didn't even thanked you afterwards. People who said hello, then called you a moron or another bird's name... I've seen it all... I guess I became a bit touchy when that is being questioned...
Yeah, the amount of time I have spent solving router problems for people is unbelievable.. I've even had people ringing so that I can help them better....
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

OK folks youll be glad to hear that Conniegeos problems are resolved and that he can now get his game to run and he can also set a room.
I played him online last night and as a new vp3 player has a lot to learn,but nevertheless Im sure now that he has it all working and can play us all online,I feel his opinion of the game might be slightly different.we shall have to wait and see.

Welcome to VP3DL

ps his gamespy nick starts with GEO and ive forgotten the rest
conniegeo1
Wannabe
Wannabe

Setting Up Game Spy

Post by conniegeo1 »

Heres your Flaw in your instructions to Options /Games/VP3 .when game spy searches the Computor for a program it recognises it comes up with one that doesnt work so you have to go in that Options window and take out the location thats in there and put in C:\ Program \Files\Celeris\Virtual Pool3 DL\vp3dl.exe . If you look at that instruction window you'll see you cant make out what that location says . This is in Online Play . Im thinking the Game spy was given the wrong Command sequence . Geo
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

slow but good thinking!

can't resist, I've resisted for two useless posts before... I just can't!