What about an A*s*s*hole Blacklist?

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

BlackJagged
Bouncer
Bouncer

What about an A*s*s*hole Blacklist?

Post by BlackJagged »

We all know this situation: you open a room, someone you dont yet know comes in and youre 90 percent sure from the outset its an *** and they´ll act accordingly. You know it by the nick: its something pretentious and silly like SUPA-DUPA-SHOOTER, and normally the nick is written in all capital-letters. (Sorry, WIT...there *are* exceptions from the capital-letter-nick-***rule, but you are one of the few ;).

....and then, naturally they *are* acting accordingly.

I just had it again: played a run-to-2 8ball pub game against someone named "superrack"....for an exception not all capital letters, but still the typical moron pretentiousness in the nick. I lost first game by a scratch on the 8ball. I won next game, said gg, he said, "gift". Last game I finished by a really difficult last ball with 3-rail shot to get position on the black and succeded sweetly. I aimed for the last shot----and DANG...he was gone before I could shoot. Another pathetic little nobody that saved himself from loosing some measily, meaningless points for the price of his personal dignity.

Now if I were really adult enough, not to say wise enough, Id just shrugg and not care---unfortunately I am *not* adult enough, let alone wise enough. It annoys me terribly each time again...and not because of the points. Thats why I suggest an *** Blacklist. Sure, they can change their nicks easily, but at least it may be a nice little bit of venting to publically call these guys what they are.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Back in the early days of VP3 I had similar feelings and wanted to name and shame em.
I find its easier to be aware of strange names and keep company with people you know.
Just avoid the strangers if you ever have problems with them.
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

9balldotcom wrote: I find its easier to be aware of strange names and keep company with people you know.
How does that and the complaints that we don't get any new people go together?
I'd say, be nice to folks you don't know as long as they are nice to you.
What's the worst that could happen if they turn on you? You gotta find someone else to play with. Depending on my mood I either ignore guys like that or I try winding them up. That can be fun too.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Why not?

theres no problem in meeting new people,yes be wary of them till you get to know them...I mean after all I thought you werent as bad as everyone else kept telling me............. :bs:
mal_clarke
V10BWC 2010

Post by mal_clarke »

I had an incident where someone just kept passing shots he did not like!

It was frustrating and he simply wanted you to disconnect and collect the points! For some reason, as they are basically meaningless.

I generally play race to 7's and find that regularly someone leaves when I'm up 6-0 or something. Some of the known players have done it too.
My new Virtual Pool blog:

http://virtualpool4.blogspot.com
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

When have you ever been 6-0 up on someone?? :bootyshake: :shrug:
mal_clarke
V10BWC 2010

Post by mal_clarke »

After the first 6 racks usually.

No, honestly, even when I'm 6 down in a race to 7 I try and make the best of it. People do protect their rating even though its almost meaningless.
My new Virtual Pool blog:

http://virtualpool4.blogspot.com