Deleted threads / deleted posts

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Deleted threads / deleted posts

Post by zwylle »

I noticed that a number of posts and a few whole threads have been removed from the forums.

Why?
Is making a smart a$$ last comment and locking them not good enough anymore?

Re: Deleted threads / deleted posts

Post by AlinVille »

zwylle wrote:I noticed that a number of posts and a few whole threads have been removed from the forums.

Why?
Is making a smart a$$ last comment and locking them not good enough anymore?
I noticed there's a weird thing on the forum, not sure if this is happening recently or it has always been that way. If you change your email address in profile settings then all your previous posts will get deleted, but not only that, your account will be deleted aswell. It happened to me 2 weeks ago and I had to make a new profile, but my old posts are all gone. I remember telling this to Hugh at that time, he wasn't really sure why it happened. Maybe he knows more about this...

It seems now like Stub has changed his email address in profile settings, he said so in Gamespy, so now his posts are all gone and every thread in which the latest post was his just disappeared. But the threads are still there.. somewhere lol.. just that they won't show on forum no more. Like this one, I could find it on my View all posts thing on my profile:
http://celeris.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=
Stub's posts are gone though, and the latest post was his on that thread so the whole thread disappeared. Maybe if someone replies now it will show up again on forum, err but that thread is locked..
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

The security settings for the forum dont allow you to change your profile.

The query about changing your email address to which your registered to the forum may well cause problems although that may only be confirmed by sort of testing it again....Im not sure on that score.

As to the query about Stubs posts and why theyve disappeared,I dont know it could be something to do with same problem with your account although stub may well be able to confirm or deny whether hes changed anything in his settings.

If Stub has a problem then he only has to follow the same procedures as you Alinville and it will be rectified.

My main concern is that there is an awful lot of of BOT attempts to access the forum....and I mean a lot.....im talking about 50 to 100 attempts each day that I remove.
I just hope the systems not been corrupted somehow.

Anyone else with simliar logging just pm me through the forum and ill look at it.
I seem to remember someone else also had a similar prob a while back and I had to re register them.
And I think shaz changed profile and also had same thing.

Perhaps zwylle should take a leaf out of her own book.......think before you POST.......\
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Post by AlinVille »

You should try to unlock that thread I linked in my last post and reply something there, see if it will show up in forum again, I think it should because then it wouldn't be Stub's deleted account having the latest post.
9balldotcom wrote:If Stub has a problem then he only has to follow the same procedures as you Alinville and it will be rectified
More or less yeah... No problems now except that all previous posts seem to have gone into outer space.
9balldotcom wrote:As to the query about Stubs posts and why theyve disappeared,I dont know it could be something to do with same problem with your account although stub may well be able to confirm or deny whether hes changed anything in his settings.
Yes he was in Gamespy a while ago and confirmed changing his email address on forum, then said you must have deleted his posts k :bs:. All other settings seem to do no harm though... So whatever changes you do in profile settings, don't modify the email address I guess.
Last edited by AlinVille on Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

I checked, and just changing your email address won't make all your posts go away.
It may delete the threads where you are the last poster, but not the others.

In at least one of the locked threads that disappeared 9balldotcom was the last one who posted.
Nobody else can delete posts, so I guess something 'magic' happened here..
Or maybe it was another 'accident' like the one that happened a while ago when almost the whole forum disappeared due to a 'clean-up'..

Post by AlinVille »

zwylle wrote:I checked, and just changing your email address won't make all your posts go away.
It may delete the threads where you are the last poster, but not the others.
Weird then... It made all my previous posts go away... Same thing happened to Stub it seems... Magic
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Post by AlinVille »

Hmm it actually should make all your posts go away, because your profile gets deleted from forum, so I guess you can't have any posts/threads if your profile doesn't exist :sign6:, they all get deleted I think. Stub's disappeared from the Memberlist now... same happened to me a while ago.
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

Wrong wording.. I meant it shouldn't make all posts go away (other's).

Now thinking about it (after I posted, lol), it may have deleted the one or other thread that stub started and that had other people's post in them.

I guess this might be one of the rare cases where 9balldotcom didn't do anything wrong.. :sign6:

Post by AlinVille »

Ah I see...

It's weird but the threads that Stub started are still there it seems lol somewhere... Like this one:
Err it makes no sense without his posts though
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

AlinVille wrote: It's weird but the threads that Stub started are still there it seems lol somewhere... Like this one:
Err it makes no sense without his posts though
Somehow I like this..
There is this guy who's posts don't make sense. Then he gets people to reply with posts that supposedly do make sense, but without his posts (remember.. the ones that didn't make sense) now their posts don't make any sense either..

I think Stub got back to everybody by changing his email address.. :jester:

Post by AlinVille »

lol yeah

Found another thread that disappeared, also Stub's.
This one looks pretty funny now too, I like the last post, Hugh's mad at Nam for begging :protest:
http://celeris.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... ight=#9610

One of those threads I've posted should be unlocked and then post something, see if they show up again on forum.
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

You just entered the twilight zone lol.
I hope I'm not popping in any controversy Zwylle lol...
:manure: