leagues

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

snope
Hustler
Hustler

leagues

Post by snope »

The best times I had playing were when we were playing in leagues....will the league play ever return....snope
in the final analysis love is the answer
M-aster_1989_de
Hustler
Hustler

Post by M-aster_1989_de »

mabye next year snope
Oh Well!

best regards
Marc
------
GSA-names:
M-aster_1989[ger] to play tournaments
Master_1989[TD] to host tournaments
Tattooz
hall Owner
hall Owner

Post by Tattooz »

a league could happen again at anytime if there was someone willing to put the time and effort into it. It was a major hassle on the TD if i remember right.....
Albinario
V8BWC 2006 VCWC 2007 VWSC 2008/2010

Post by Albinario »

How about a league with lots of TDs helping out at the same time? If we have several divisions as we did last time, there could be one TD responsible for each division.

Satmans system was nice and worked well, and if he lets us use that, the leagues could start up pretty soon.
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

I have time to help out and do some TD work if required, gathering scores, mailing etc... The leagues were just great fun and I'd do many things to make them happen again...
Maybe we should get a think tank going tho about how to minimize the impact of no-shows and forfeits on the whole thing.
:manure:
mojoicus
Banger
Banger

Post by mojoicus »

Thats the problem the ive had enough now im loseing too many etc
But as you say one td per league is a good idea
makes it less stress on everyone
I would like to see it back as you tend to play people of your own ability which gives you a gtreater chance of winning so keeps it interesting what with promotion and relegation
M-aster_1989_de
Hustler
Hustler

i like albins idea...
Oh Well!

best regards
Marc
------
GSA-names:
Tattooz
hall Owner
hall Owner

Post by Tattooz »

even if a few tds are interested in running leagues we would need someone to initially set it up
Satman1
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Satman1 »

Hiya guys,

Hope your all keeping well. I may look at starting the leagues up again in a few months. I have had major problems and split from my wife. I have not been in vp3 for a long time.

The leagues wouldn't need a td for each league as it pretty much runs itself. The big problem is it would take w while to reset all the database add new player and issue everyone with new passcodes ect so they could report their matches.

My main problem is what to do about people dropping out and not fullfilling their commitments to the league. we had many people throw their rattles out of the pram when they were losing and looking at relegation.

This affects everyone in every league and causes a major head ache as players then are awarded points for matches they could have lost, hence sending someone to a lower league who shouldn't be there. That then has a knock on affect with rattles and prams.

If you guys can find away to stop this I would consider commiting to it again.

Personally the only way I could see it working was if all TD's stuck together and said if someone drops from the leagues during a season they are then no longer elligable to play in any tornaments.

By all means a player can drop out between seasons and it doesn't affect anything as we can always add a replacement for the next season. Its not to difficault for them to play all there matches in a week or two if they want out that badly.

Happy shooting
Tony
Satman1
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

Hello :) So you're spying on us Tony? :P
:manure:
M-aster_1989_de
Hustler
Hustler

nice tony... the problem with forfeits etc. would be a topic to discuss
Oh Well!

best regards
Marc
------
GSA-names:
Albinario
V8BWC 2006 VCWC 2007 VWSC 2008/2010

Post by Albinario »

Banishment sounds good. even if you have an excuse or people can just think one up.

Maybe some sort of agreement will be enough. like terms and conditions for the leagues that every player has to agree to. kind of like those things before you install a program, you give your word of honour to obey them.
Tattooz
hall Owner
hall Owner

Post by Tattooz »

yep i agree, im all for banning anyone who forfeits in the leagues. however, this will not affect those who play in leagues and dont play in tournaments. It is a start. Also, once in a great while you do get someone with a legitimate reason for forfeiting and Im not sure it would be fair to them to ban them from tournies forever. maybe we need to have a time limit on the ban depending on the circumstances of the player leaving??? legit reasons get 3-6 month ban, crybabies permanent! or something of the like.

Good to see you intend to come back Tony.
ShafTraX
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by ShafTraX »

if the league is back count me in !
You must Defeat Sheng-Long to stand a Chance !!!