Ball Tracking?

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

Anonymous

Ball Tracking?

Post by Anonymous »

I have the Jeanette Lee cd version and just bought the DL version (2 copies, in fact!) because I couldn't figure out how to get the ball tracking to show up. I downloaded the demo and when I hit "T", the tracking turned on, as I would expect, so I went ahead and bought it. Now that I've gotten the DL version downloaded and installed, I hit "T" till I'm blue in the butt and no tracking to show for it. What am I doing wrong?
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

To my knowledge the ball tracking function only works offline and in trickshot mode.
I never play the game offline so perhaps this will be confirmed by someone else
Sophisticated Beggar
hall Owner
hall Owner

Post by Sophisticated Beggar »

It should also work in quick play mode.

I think whatever mode tracking is available in the JL version, so it is also available in the Curley and DL versions, (I.E. Not On-line or Career modes).

Also try 'G' for ghostball.
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

Ball tracking works in the following only:
Trick/Setup Shot mode - Tracking is useful for setting up trick shots or setting up and trying out shots. In this mode you can move any ball, spot/pocket balls. Tracking works while moving balls so it is easy to adjust trick shots.
Quick Play, One player only - this is basically for practice by yourself. The nice thing about one player Quick Play is the game rules work.
The Ghostball is also available in these two situations.
Anonymous

Thanks!

Post by Anonymous »

I was afraid of that. Bummer that I wasted $40, since I really don't see any difference in the version I had and the new one. Oh well... I'm helping to keep a good company afloat and it's Christmas! ;)
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Re: Thanks!

Post by Nam[BE] »

wwivhobbit wrote: I really don't see any difference in the version I had and the new one.
Don't you really? Number of games, accuracy of physics, career mode, online gaming, number of opponents, of tables? You don't see any difference?
They even implemented a new noise-reducing method when you play: the cd doesn't turn in the drive anymore.... :p
deraltefritz
Banger
Banger

Post by deraltefritz »

NamfatTitan wrote:
wwivhobbit wrote: I really don't see any difference in the version I had and the new one.
Don't you really? Number of games, accuracy of physics, career mode, online gaming, number of opponents, of tables? You don't see any difference?
They even implemented a new noise-reducing method when you play: the cd doesn't turn in the drive anymore.... :p
As far as I know, there are no new tables and no new game types. There are less computer opponents (and no Curly nor Jeannette), and what is dififerent about the career mode ( and who plays that with seriousness anyway?).
But the real thing is playing online, and no matter what changes they've done, the latest version will always be the one that most people will play, so it was a good decision anyway.
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

There were some significant play balancing changes to career mode.
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

NamfatTitan wrote:
Yea i mixed with the thread about vp sound track sry!
And, just a word on career mode, I think there's many more players who play offline than players online... so maybe career mode is worth it.... I don't know... just a thought... :bootyshake:
Anonymous

Career Mode

Post by Anonymous »

I agree with you NamfatTitan. I realise there are many members who only like to play online and I can certainly see the attractions of that. However, I'm sure there are also a lot of people who only want to dip in now and again for a couple of frames and don't have the time or inclination for the online game. I do get a little irritated by some of the people who seem to despise us offliners.