Version 3225 vs 3099

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

mal_clarke
V10BWC 2010

Version 3225 vs 3099

Post by mal_clarke »

Sorry but I only recently got the new version from celeris.com having previously played the J Lee version for years.

The main difference in the new version is the quality of offline AI opponents. They are not as good. I love matchplay, I thrive on it, in real life and on the comp. Playing against the 3099 comps was a real game. I used to regularly have 50 races where the comp might go ten ahead. I doubt that would happen now, maybe I'm just better!!

The cushions seem more realistic which is taking some getting used to.

On 8 ball pub there is automatic alternate breaking. I would LOVE to see this for 9 ball. Anyone else share this wish? This gives tournaments a different feel, anyone who watched the 2006 World 9 Ball Championships that was won by Ronnie Alcano will know that winner breaks, and alternate breaks are different types of tournament.

Looking forward to reading your responses.
My new Virtual Pool blog:

http://virtualpool4.blogspot.com
cuts&banks
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by cuts&banks »

Many people said the cushions in the DL version (up through v3225) are more realistic. Well guess what? The 3237 patch incorporates a change to the speed of the cusions and now they closely mimmick the 09/JLee version. In fact, the 37 patch's cushions might be MORE livlier than 09 IMHO! I don't understand why the drastic change to the 37 patch to make it more like 09 than the original DL up through patch 3225.

DL has been out about a year I think. It seemed crazy to make such a drastic in the action of the cushions (and cloth speed) in the DL version. But after 1 year of DL, everyone has adjusted. Now with the 37 patch the fekkin cushions more closely resemble those of 09 than DL as we've known it for the past year. Does anyone find this drastic change undesirable?
mal_clarke
V10BWC 2010

Post by mal_clarke »

I don't see a massive difference but they are definately bouncier. I agree that I preferred the 3235 cushion set-up.
My new Virtual Pool blog:

http://virtualpool4.blogspot.com